Monday, January 24, 2011

Crabby but cute!

Did you hear all the buzz about the new zodiac sign, Ophiuchus? This past week, twitter was a-flutter with unhappy leos and stubborn virgos claiming they wanted their signs back.

Based on this article, it seems there really is nothing to worry about. If you follow the western zodiac, which most of us do, then nothing has changed. It's explained in great detail here on Zodiac Facts blog. (You can also follow Zodiac Facts on twitter.)

For kicks, I thought I'd take a look and see what would happen to me if I was suddenly adopted by the celestial zodiac. I would no longer be a cancer - but a gemini. What would that mean?

Cancer is a water sign, ruled by the moon. Cancers are deeply emotional, getting their strength from home and family. Emotions run deep, and when hurt or disappointed, Cancers are known to retreat into themselves. "Though possessing a good sense of humor...the Cancer will often become sulky, moody and irritable, often for no reason apparent to anyone else." In any relationship, Cancers are nurturing and caring - but with deep mood swings and a sharp tongue when provoked.

Gemini is an air sign, ruled by Mercury. Geminis are energetic, communicative and witty. They know something about just about everything, making them good conversationalists. They are intelligent and logical, but with a lot of nervous energy. They like to keep busy and they are often multitasking. As the sign of the twins, there is a dual aspect to this personality, making it difficult for them to focus on any one thing - and difficult for their friends to know who they're dealing with.

To be honest, there's a lot about the Gemini sign that I envy. My best friend is a true Gemini, and I've seen these personality characteristics at their best. She is bright, witty and logical - although, sometimes a little too literal. It's nearly impossible to keep her focused - but she is always the life of the party. Always making new friends, always with a story to tell.

Still - I am a Cancer through and through. I am very moody, completely ruled by my emotions - and ask anyone about that sharp-tongue-when-provoked thing. That has brought me Trouble with a capital T more than once.

There just may be something to this whole astrology thing, yet. Anyone who knows me knows I am clearly a Cancer. Crabby - but cute! - all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment