Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Open Book

I learn (or am reminded of) valuable lessons every day - even on days when I barely make it out of bed. Here's what I learned today:

  • Sometimes, the person you would expect to kick you when you're down is the first to help you back up.
  • Things are often more complicated than you might have expected.
  • Just because someone isn't what you thought doesn't mean all the good you once saw isn't there. 
  • Truth can be comforting, even if you don't like the answer.
  • Nothing is permanent. Life happens in its own time. Sometimes, you just have to sit back and see what's next.

Never discount anyone. People will come and go from your life. Sometimes, they come back at the most unexpected times, in the most unexpected ways. 

I like that lesson for two reasons.

  • I never want to regret anything that made me smile. 
  • My future is open. I don't have to close the book; just turn the page for now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment