Sunday, July 29, 2012

Thirty Days of Me: Day Twenty Eight

The challenge for day twenty eight.... Your favorite movie.

No man is a failure, who has friends.
This isn't easy. I love a lot of movies, for a lot of reasons.

I love anything by Kevin Smith because his dialogue is smart, funny, and relatable.

I love Sex and the City (the first movie) because it really helped me through a difficult time, by teaching me that friends really can help you get through anything.

But the movie I love the most? Probably It's a Wonderful Life. It doesn't seem to matter how many times I watch it, or with how many different people; on the big screen, or on my teeny, tiny television at home. Every time I see the movie, it brings back fond memories, of decorating my tree, while the dog slept in the corner.

It reminds me that no matter how bad things seem, you never really know when life will turn around and get better. The catch is - you have to hold on.

And it reminds me that no matter what - if you have friends who love you, you really are as rich as you'll ever need to be.

     And literally every time I watch the end....I cry happy tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment