Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Thirty Days of Me: Day Twelve

The Thirty Days of Me project is explained here. The challenge for day twelve: How you found out about Blogger, and why you made one.


I thought this was a funny category for the thirty days of me project. Most people don't use Blogger anymore, right? Lucky for me, I do, so this is easy.

I found out about blogger from a friend. I was talking to him last year about wanting to start a blog, after watching the movie Julie & Julia. He said to me, "You have a google account; so really, you already have a blog. You're just not using it."

I actually started on Live Journal, and if you ever want to read what I wrote, feel free to check it out. I know it's very out-dated,, and really is more of a journal - but it was a good start.

I moved to Blogger when a friend had trouble leaving a comment on a Live Journal post. Eventually, I'd like to move on to my own website - but of course, I need to develop that idea a bit. For now, this is a nice little home for me and my nonsense ideas.

So that's the how....as for the why, I've really talked about that already. But for some added background - I wrote for years as a kid and young adult. I wanted to write for a living; but life happened, and those plans shifted. When I was going through my divorce, and the aftermath, writing helped me sort through the feelings. When I started dating, my cousin said to me, "You should write a book; you have something to say."

So, I say what I like here; eventually, I'll write that book.

1 comment: