Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Thirty Days of Me: Day Four

The Thirty Days of Me project is explained here. The challenge for day four: A habit you wish you didn't have.


There's a crap-ton of things about myself that I don't like. I'd list them, but I won't have your attention that long - and who could blame you? Talk about boring.

If I really think about it, most of the things that I don't like about myself come back to one, main trait or habit that I'd love to change: Impatience.

My lack of patience is to blame for half of the trouble I get myself into. It's my biggest challenge in losing weight, it's had the most negative impact on my relationships, and it's even affected where I am in my career. I've made a lot of poor choices for the sake of quicker results, to satisfy my impatience.

If I could beat this habit and slow my life down a bit, maybe I could make choices more for the sake of quality, instead of quick results. I've made improvements, and am better at remembering that things have a way of working themselves out in their own time, and there's no need to push to the end.

Then again, if I was a totally patient person - I guess I wouldn't really be me, either. Sometimes, ya gotta take the good with the bad.

How about you? What habit do you wish you didn't have/could break?

No comments:

Post a Comment