Friday, April 8, 2011

Follow Friday Fun - Times Union Survey

Today's Follow Friday is a departure from my usual format. I'm not sending you to a blog I regularly read, but instead to a timely post over at the Times Union. This is partly because this particular post is only relevant for another couple of weeks; partly because I've got a bit of a campaign going; and partly because I've been really busy and didn't have time to do a proper review of another blog.

As you may know, I occasionally contribute to this blog. Since I contribute to a Times Union blog, and am a (fairly) active commenter on several of its other blogs, I knew right away when voting opened for the 2011 Best of Survey.

When the 2010 results were released - I wasn't all that impressed. In fact, I was downright disappointed with the capital region. We voted for so many big box stores and chain restaurants, you'd think this was Stepford, for crying out loud.

The 518 has a lot to offer that is unique and fun and all our own. We should be proud of that; and we should use a survey like this to show it off. If you don't know a lot of local places - a survey like this should be a place to find something new to try. Instead it turned into a listing of all the major GPS destinations in the area. 

So, I'm pointing you to the survey and encouraging you to take it, and vote for local events/people/businesses. Online voting ends April 22. I'm also taking this chance to plug myself - because it's my blog, and I can.

When you're asked to vote for best local tweeter, please write in @sue215. Am I the best locally? Who knows. I'm sure I'm as good as any other choice. Plus, my name is the shortest and most easy to remember. 

Please and thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment