Friday, April 15, 2011

Follow Friday Fun - FUSSYlittleBLOG

When I was a little kid, I was considered a "picky" eater. I would rarely try anything new, and I would turn my nose up at something simply for the smell or texture. I'm still a little bit picky, and there are things I won't eat (like cooked carrots). But my tastes have changed, and I'm a little more adventurous than little-kid-Sue.

But as picky as I was, and can still be - I've got nothing on this guy

If you're in the capital region and you like food - you really do need to be reading FUSSYlittleBLOG. In his own words, his mission is to "get more people to care about really good food." He wants to help change the perception; show why good food doesn't have to be expensive, and why sometimes what is expensive is also overrated. How? By sharing what is good - because he knows.

But don't get the idea that this site is all about restaurant reviews. It's about all things food related - including cocktails, wine, cappucino and coffee. Of course he talks about food - pizza and chicken and fish to name but a few. He talks about cooking, eating out and even delivery.

No matter the topic, the point is clear: good food is good for a reason, and should be appreciated. He finds, and tries, food that others might miss, and he shares the ups and downs with his readers. Like this post, Flecks of Gold, which was the first I read. Just random finds he made in 2010 of little-known, local culinary wonders. 

Yum.

I'll admit - this blog is a little over my head, food-wise. If you know me, you're probably shocked I'm even aware that there are blogs about food. I guess that's sort of my point. I am guilty of falling into ruts, especially when it comes to food. I appreciate that someone takes the time to find what's truly good, and share what's worth my time and money - and what isn't. That's something you don't have to be a foodie to appreciate. 

Daniel B. is also on a mission to better the local food scene through the FUSSYlittleBALLOT 2.0, his suggestions on how to vote in the Times Union Best of 2011 Survey. (SN: I support all his choices, save for best tweeter.) 

If you visit his site, you'll find that Daniel B. is all over the place. Of course you can find FLB on twitter and facebook. He also does regular food related post at the Times Union Guilderland Blog and All Over Albany, and you can check out his reviews on Yelp.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate the links in this post! I have always been a picky eater, but I am trying more and more things lately--not necessarily liking them, but trying them at least :)

    ReplyDelete