Monday, March 4, 2013

Mediums, psychics, cards - oh my!

I go back and forth on how much attention I pay to things like horoscopes, psychics, etc. I know some people consider it all the "occult" - even something as simple as checking your horoscope in the morning. Others aren't bothered by it, as much as they just think it's plain stupid.

Western religions have a real problem with all of these, saying they leave the door open for evil spirits. Don't get me wrong - I'm not about an open-door policy when it comes to evil. Even the idea of movies like Paranormal Activity 26 (or whatever they're up to) gives me the creeps. I'm all about surrounding myself with positive energy.

But aren't things like Feng Shui and karma also a problem for western religion? So, I mean, as long as you approach things with a pure, honest motive, won't you get pure honest results?

Found it here
In that spirit, I've visited a psychic, had a reading by a medium, and had my tarot cards read several times. I've done each with an open mind; never setting aside religious beliefs, but rather embracing the positive energy that surrounds us from every direction.

As for the idea that they are all "bubkis" - I think that's true sometimes. There are so many sources out there for this type of information, you're bound to run in to people who are just making stuff up as they go along.

I've had mixed results. I visited the psychic with some specific questions about a relationship, and she got it all wrong - but she hit on some other things that really made sense. My tarot card readings have all been pretty accurate (and fairly specific). The reading from the medium really did sound like Nanny was lecturing me from beyond, but it was vague enough that it's possible the medium could have surmised some facts about me and used those to make it up. Maybe.

I suppose there's no way to know for sure if these people truly have a spiritual gift, or if their real gift is just being able to read others very well. Either way, if you go into the experience with an open mind, you're bound to learn something, and maybe even take away a positive message.

Really, what could be wrong with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment