Monday, December 20, 2010

Silver and Gold

The other day, I was looking for a necklace to wear with my outfit. I noticed I have a lot of silver in my jewelry collection. That strikes me as funny, since I used to wear mostly gold.

Personally, I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that my wedding band was gold. I'm big on things matching, so I wore jewelry that complimented the wedding band, since that never came off.

Until, it did.

Once it was off, I found myself switching to silver. At first I figured it was probably a subliminal rebellion against the wedding jewelry. But now I find I really like it. What does that say about me, I wondered?

According to this article, it says I follow my heart and not the crowd, I'm self-confident and independent, I'm more interested in natural beauty than glam and I am stylish. I like that. My style is my own; if pressed, I would define it as classic. I'm aware of trends, but I only follow those that speak to me. I am pretty independent and have moments of self-confidence (sometimes fleeting, other times not as much).

What does your jewelry say about your personality? Here's some more reading on that very topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment