Friday, December 3, 2010

Football Gnomes?

I'm the first to admit that I ask stupid questions. All. The. Time. In fact, just today I asked twitter, "What is a Cavalier?" I kept seeing all these tweets - cheers, jokes, etc. I should have realized they were talking about the Cleveland Cavaliers. I don't follow basketball, but that's no excuse. Luckily, I have very cool tweeps who helped me out. (If you don't know why they were trending, and are curious, click here.)

The whole conversation reminded me of a Chrissy story I thought it might be fun to share. This actually comes from Chrissy's LBS (Life Before Sue). Though I wasn't present, I've heard first-hand tellings, and I assure you - it's a gem.

She was at a sports bar on a Sunday with her (then) boyfriend (Maybe fiance? Not sure.) and some of his friends. Beer, wings, laughing, football - good times, right? 

Wait for it....

Chrissy looked up at the TV and noticed the first down line. You know, that yellow graphic that the TV adds? (Special thanks to this tweep and that tweep for clarifying.) She looked away for a second, and when she looked back, it was gone. Because it's a graphic. (Which, for the record, I knew - I just didn't know what the line was called.)

Halftime Break
Very innocent, but also very serious - and very loud - Chrissy asks, "How do they get that line on the field? Do they have little men who go out on the field and paint it? How do they get rid of it so quickly?"

Nah, I'm not kidding. I don't believe she was invited back to watch football, either. Not that she would have gone anyway. I mean - no sense of humor, those guys. At. All.


No comments:

Post a Comment