Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Paying it forward

I enjoy volunteering, and working on fundraising efforts. Planning can be a little stressful, but it is very rewarding to see something come together, whether it be an event, a campaign, or whatever.

Which is why I enjoy supporting my friends in their fundraising efforts...because I get the reward without all the stress.

My friends Paige (who finally managed to talk me into starting my own Stella & Dot business - giving up one of her own best customers) and Abby are hosting Fashion Night Out - Albany on Thursday, September 12, from 7-10 PM at Taste in Albany.

This exciting night filled with fashion and fun is all to benefit the Alzheimer's Association of Northeastern New York. Tickets for Fashion Night Out are $50, or $75 for a VIP ticket, which gets you a little extra swag. Advanced tickets can be purchased at Albany Style. Come join us on the purple carpet!

From fashion to a 5K....

On Sunday, September 15, my friend Baking Suit invites everyone to participate in Run for Kohl 5K. Hosted by Mohawk Battalion on behalf of 1LT Jon Kohl, who was wounded in a helicopter crash while deployed in Afghanistan earlier this year. The race is being held in his honor, with proceeds benefiting the Wounded Warrior Project, a non-profit whose mission is to honor and empower wounded soldiers.

I'm not a runner, but I'll be helping somehow. First up - letting you all know how to get involved. Visit Run for Kohl for more information.


Do I have cool friends or what?

3 comments:

  1. I am very much considering doing this 5k...
    I have family up there.. so at least after I DROP... they'll be able to take me to their place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that would be fun (you coming up for the race, not the part about you dropping...)! :)

      Delete
  2. I like to think that our friends are a reflection of ourselves. ;)

    Hugs thanks for the shout out about it!

    ReplyDelete