Friday, July 19, 2013

Friday Five - Reasons to donate

Happy Friday! It's been a great week. Monday was my birthday, and I enjoyed a lovely lunch, a short day at work, good news from the vet, a great sushi dinner, and the Home Run Derby. I followed that up with three days off from work - and now it's Friday and I am looking forward to a great weekend!

But, there is some business to handle, first.

My 25 x 25 Campaign for Big Brothers Big Sisters is in full swing. My goal is to raise $625 - by getting a $25 donation from 25 different people. That's where the name 25 x 25 comes from; but the truth is, I just want to reach beat obliterate that goal - I don't much care how we get there!

Some people might feel compelled to donate because BBBS benefits children, or the community. Maybe they themselves were impacted by a mentor as a child, and they want to help the organization that leads in one-to-one mentoring for kids.

But in case you're looking for a reason...I just happen to have a few.

  • You can donate securely and easily online. Fundabilities has generously donated its platform to this campaign, so all proceeds from online donations will go to BBBS. Click here to donate securely.
  • Donations are tax deductible. 
  • The money will benefit BBBS programs which, as a Big, I can tell you are quite helpful. Not only the activities, but the professional support matches receive, particularly in the first year. 
  • If you don't want to donate online, you can write a check to Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Capital Region, and write 25x25 Rock on the memo line, and mail to: BBBS of the Capital Region, 1698 Central Ave, Albany, NY 12205. If that's not easy enough, you can even hand me cash and I'll make sure BBBS receives the donation, and you receive credit for your support. 
  • One more reason to donate? Because I asked nicely? 
Please and thank you - and Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment