Friday, November 2, 2012

NaBloPoMo - Where to live

"If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?"

It's a popular question, and people love to come up with fancy answers that they think sound cool. A big city like Manhattan or Paris, or a cabin in the woods, or somewhere warm or tropical.

The truth is, at some point in our lives, we all have the chance to make this exact choice become a reality. Maybe it's right out of school, or just after marriage, or after a divorce or another life change. At some point, we can all decide to change it up, and move away from wherever it is we landed.

I chose to stay right in the same place. My dad is here, and X and I made our home here to be close to him. I could move now - but I haven't, and I have no plans.

Could that change? Of course. I might move for my career; truthfully, the most likely reason I'd ever move would be if I found the love of my life, and had to move to be with him.

But at this very moment, I could choose to live anywhere I want - and I choose right where I am.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're staying put for now. I would hate for you to become another friend who I have to get on an airplane to go and see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad that you choose to stay here too.

    ReplyDelete