Monday, November 5, 2012

NaBloPoMo - Election thoughts

Tomorrow is Election Day. This being a leap year, we're choosing a President for the next four years.

All I have to say is - thank goodness it's almost over.

I am tired of all the political rants on facebook, and in my office. I don't care what your political beliefs are - you're entitled to them, same way I'm entitled to mine. But if you can't be civil and nice, at least be quiet.

We all have different priorities. What's really important to me might be less important to someone else. It doesn't make either of us wrong.

What makes people wrong is when they flat-out refuse to accept that someone else might have a point, even when disagreeing.

What makes people wrong is when they resort to name-calling, pointing fingers, placing blame without solutions, and perhaps even getting a little mean and/or violent. That's wrong.

At the end of the day, all that really matters is that you choose what you feel is important, find a candidate that makes sense, and cast your vote.

Because if you don't vote - you can't bitch. We all know how hard I'll fight to protect my right to complain.

1 comment: