Thursday, August 26, 2010

Long and Winding Road

Believe it or not, I'm actually a "bottom-line" sort of person, with a very short attention span. Which is why it's sort of funny that my blog posts are so long. Truth be told - there are times I wouldn't even read one of my posts closely, all the way through.

A successful blogger that I follow says that a good post should be no more than 300 words. I agree with her, but often find myself exceeding that number. Sometimes by a little - other times by a lot.

I did some guest posts on her site not that long ago, and 300 words (or less) was a requirement. I shortened posts that I'd already been working on, and really didn't think any of the message was lost. Now, I try to do that with all my posts - write, then read and delete, or find ways to use fewer words. I've even taken big ideas and split them into several posts, to cut down the length. 

I think I'm getting better (I hope). I guess there will always be times when I'm too long winded. So, thanks for reading through it and not telling me to just.....


No comments:

Post a Comment