Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Right place, right time

This morning, my neighbor couldn't start her car because it was so cold outside. She drives a new Mercedes. My little used Honda, with a million miles on the engine, started right up. I pulled out of my driveway and started my commute.

Less than two minutes from my house, I witnessed a pretty bad car accident. As I pulled over to call 911 and wait for help, it occurred to me that had I left my house just a teeny bit earlier, it could have been me in the car that was hit.

His airbag deployed; and I bet mine would have, too. When you're five feet tall, an airbag deployment is no joke. It's as likely to kill me as the accident.

Those two things are related somehow, in my mind. Somehow, I guess it all comes back to life is full of surprises. It's easy to get annoyed at the little things, but it's important to realize that everything really does happen the way it's meant to, and you really are right where you're supposed to be.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way and say a word of thanks each time I'm delayed only to come upon something like that later on.

    There was also one day I was incredibly mad at a friend for dropping by because I had to get on the road to be somewhere. Here delaying me 20 min put me in the right place to see an old friend that I had recently been wondering if he was even still alive, run by. Talk about right place, right time!

    ReplyDelete