Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Get going

So, this whole fitness challenge just stepped up a notch. I am (tentatively) going to be on a beach later this year...in a bathing suit...in front of, you know - people.

That changes things.

But, I have found that the idea of being in a beautiful destination, with beautiful company, surrounded by beautiful (read: thin) women - motivates me to get things moving.

Luckily, I was already on this little fitness-kick (thanks, Baking Suit), so it wasn't a total shock. I got some great advice from another friend on how to focus my energies from now leading up to the Bathing Suit Incident of 2012.

One thing I had to do is adjust my priorities. Friends, work, home - I always have something "more important" to do, before working out.

That had to change, and I've moved the workouts to the top of my priority list. I'm even - *gasp* - getting up early to go to the gym on days when I know I won't have an opportunity after work. I've worked the gym into my social schedule, too, so that I know it gets done.

Obviously, somethings gotta give. I just hope my employer(s) understand (kidding - sorta).

3 comments:

  1. Go you! I have to get my butt back in gear too...got a little derailed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Took a week off from my weightloss/die/life style change... but I'm back on track now...

    NEED TO WEAR A SWIMSUIT THIS SUMMER!

    ReplyDelete