Friday, February 11, 2011

Follow Friday Fun: Photo 365 Project

A little known Sue-fact: I love photography. A lesser-known Sue-fact: I actually took a photography class in college. That was back in the days of the dinosaurs when pictures actually came out on film, which had to be developed with chemicals. I'm still recovering from the emotional scarring.

I wasn't very good at the whole photography thing. Much to the chagrin of my artsy-fartsy teacher, I really liked taking pictures of my kittens. Nowadays, my photos are usually of something silly I find in my travels, my family and friends, my garden...and my cats (who no longer kittens). While I may not have any real skill or talent - I know what I like, and am impressed by anyone who displays real talent with a camera.

Like Erin Covey, whose blog Photo 365 Project is absolutely amazing. We met on twitter and I found her blog after she did a wonderful post about a lady who I think rocks in her own right. [Yes, guys, I know her; yes, she really is that gorgeous. No, I will not introduce you (unless your name is Mark Texeira)]

This blog is so cool - she posts a photograph for every day, and tells a bit about the scene. The truth is, her photos are brilliant, and speak for themselves. She does some of the coolest things with technique and effects that I've seen, and has a brilliant eye for capturing just the right moment. I adore looking at all her posts.

I'm sure my college photography teacher would be interested to know that she photographs animals and children and couples. Ha! My favorite photos are those she calls love. You know those moments in life when you can't really come up with words to describe how you feel? She's got you covered.

Simply amazing. Follow her blog, follow her on twitter; heck, follow her around New England if you want (okay, maybe don't do that). But check it out - you won't be sorry.

2 comments:

  1. Doing my weekend check up of your blog and my heart just stopped. You are SO kind and SO lovely. Thank you! I adore your blog, it gets me threw the insanity that are my thoughts and I love your take on things...

    You. Kick. Ass.

    I often laugh when people tell me Twitter is stupid because I feel as if I'm part of a cool community where my friends are readily available and I can plug into their lives within a few clicks. And that makes me smile. A lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment! I mean everything I say - I adore your blog and love checking it out. Your pictures make me smile. :)

    I couldn't agree more about twitter. I have made true connections and friendships with the "tweeps" I have found. More in this social circle than in any other I've been a part of.

    ReplyDelete