Thursday, July 1, 2010

Growing Up - Take Two

I thought I had it all figured out. I was 29, very much in love, with a new career that was going well and had just bought my first home. Already doing better than my parents, I figured, "This is it. This is my life."

But you know what they say about life; it's what actually happens while you're busy making other plans.

It was a few years later when the wheels fell off. Honestly, at the time it felt like it came out of nowhere - and I was sure it was all his fault. It took some time, a lot of heartache and a whole lot of "facing the music" for me to learn that it did not and it was not. It takes two to make a marriage work; and it takes two to make a marriage fail. That's the truth, no matter what anyone tells you.

I was married for nine happy years; and one very unhappy year. A week before what would have been our tenth anniversary, we filed separation papers.

The title of my blog [This is Not the Life I Ordered...] probably sounds negative; but it's not. It demonstrates what happened to me. I thought I knew what I wanted and what I had signed up for. I thought I was happy.

Turns out, I wasn't - and that's ok. I'm getting happier and happier every day. Happy enough to share my story. Maybe it'll make you laugh or smile. Or maybe it'll help you to know you're not the only one. Either way - no frowns. It has a happy ending.

My story is a long one; I won't bore you with details everyday. Plus - there's other fun stuff to talk about. But if you want to follow this story, feel free to come here and click on the tag for 'divorce.'

No comments:

Post a Comment