Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Put 'Em Up

"Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, courage is that quiet voice, that whispers at the end of the day, 'I'll try again tomorrow.'" [Mary Anne Radmacher]

We all have "stuff." Drama that that tries to bring us down. Work, family, friends, relationships, money... the normal.

My job isn't the greatest - it can be stressful and frustrating. My family spends a lot of time questioning my choices. My friends offer helpful "advice" that really sounds more like judgment. Alone, any of these things are totally manageable. But when they pile on all at once....it can make for a very bad day.

Know what I've learned about bad days? They do not go on forever. The best thing you can do is put your head down and work your way through the bad. If you get knocked over, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get ready for tomorrow.

When I have trouble doing that, I look at it this way: I've been through worse. If I can make it through that, I can certainly make it through this, too.

No matter how bad today was, tomorrow could be the best day of your life. You just gotta get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment