Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My fitness pal

I think I've come to terms with the fact that, even eating healthier and staying away from empty calories, I still need a little something more if I want to lose weight. While that's still not my main goal, let's face it - that would be nice.

I've noticed a lot of twitter friends using a site called My Fitness Pal to track calories and activity - and ultimately, weight loss. So, I downloaded the app on my phone, completed the registration, and was promptly notified how many calories I can expect to eat a day - given my exercise goals and lifestyle.

Interesting.

Health is still my ultimate goal. But obviously weight loss is a part of that. So is a balanced diet, which means taking in the right amount (and type) of calories. I know people who have lost all kinds of weight by simply not eating - or, eating significantly less than they should.

Since my goal is to improve my health, not just lower my dress size, that won't work for me. This seems like a reasonable compromise. Since it's on my phone (and I never put that down) it should also be something with which I can keep up.

But I suppose this means I need to get a scale that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment