Friday, August 12, 2011

Good cause, great blog

I'm wimping out on Follow Friday Fun this week. Bad week, and it would be tough to do a good job telling you about any of my favorites.

But, if you read the post from last week, you know one of my new favorite blogs is Say It Like You Eat It. If you didn't, then you should go read the post and check out the blog. Please and thank you.

Something not mentioned before is that the blogger is doing a lot of work to raise money for the Alzheimer's Association. Now, I'm not much for causes, so if you hear me talking about one, you can assume it's something I think warrants some extra attention.

Having known someone who was personally affected by Alzheimer's, I've seen what it does. It doesn't just affect the person with the disease - it affects their family as well. Not only does it affect a person's health, it affects their dignity and their self-respect. It robs everyone of the one thing we should never have to give up - time. I can't think of many causes more worthy than research and support against this awful disease.

The 2011 Capital Region Walk to End Alzheimer's will take place on Saturday, September 24, 2011. Paige from Say It Like You Eat It will be participating, and her team's goal is $1000. Visit her team page here.

You can donate by visiting Paige's personal page here

For more information about, and resources for living with, Alzheimer's Disease, visit the Alzheimer's Association website.

No comments:

Post a Comment