|Always celebrate the Miracle of Festivus!!|
Sometimes, you just need a break from the shopping and baking and wrapping and spending and lugging and smiling and caroling and.... whoa....!! Please excuse me while my grievances air....
- It sucks that this is my busiest month at work. While everyone else is going from one holiday party to the next, I'm stuck working through lunch, and usually long past quitting time. I feel like Bob Cratchet. Could please pass me some coal?
- It also sucks to be broke this time of year. The one thing I could do that would be fun is to buy gifts for others, without a budget. Ah well, there's always next year.
- You know when you walk through a door and you hold it for the person behind you? I hate when they yank the door away from me. I'm holding on to that, darn it - and I have bad knees. Why don't you just swipe the leg, and be done with it?
- I don't even like to bake - or cook, for that matter. But I do like to eat. This is tough this time of year, because I've determined I need to go on a diet - STAT.
- I'll never understand why so many places salt their sidewalk - but ignore their parking lot. I walk as much in the lot as the sidewalk (if not more). I could use a little help (bad knees, remember?).
- I love decorating to my own taste and making quick get-aways. But, it would sometimes be really nice to have an "other" this time of year. Plus, I was really hoping to have a place to wear those shoes that were on my list.
Okay - those are my grievances. Feel free to air yours below. We all need to vent sometimes.