Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thursday Thirteen - What's so great about being single?

When you're not single by choice, it's sometimes tough to remember the positive. I thought maybe a cheat-sheet would help.
  • No sharing closet space.
  • The bathroom is all mine.
  • I get the bed all to myself.
  • I can eat ice cream right from the container - even when I'm sick!
  • No discussions about how to spend money.
  • No mandatory family events (other than my own).
  • No coordinating escape plans for the family events I do attend.
  • I make all my own plans.
  • I don't have to be nice to anyone if I don't feel like it.
  • I don't have to watch Rocky movies.
  • My cats like me best.
  • No awkward, public conversations when I'm fighting with someone, but have to pretend like I'm not.
  • No one has to "put me in charge;" I just am.
Have any to add?

3 comments:

  1. We are in charge of the remote control. We can do want with our hair without wondering if they'll hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to miss some of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have to make decisions for anyone but myself. No babysitting!

    ReplyDelete