Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thursday Thirteen: Yogi-isms

Isn't he cute?
I love baseball; I love the Yankees; and I love good quotes. So, Yogi Berra is like the best of all worlds for me. If you're not familiar with Yogi-isms - you really should be. They're silly, of course, but if you stop and think about them - there's also a little bit of truth.

Here are just a few of my favorites - click here to read more. (And thanks to Cute~Ella for tweeting this list!)

- It's like deja vu all over again.

- You can observe a lot just by watching.

- If the world was perfect, it wouldn't be.

- The future ain't what it used to be.

- When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

- Never answer anonymous letters.

- Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours.

- Half the lies they tell about me aren't true.

- It gets late early out there.

- (On baseball) 90% of the game is half mental.

- It ain't over til it's over.

- If you don't know where you're going, you might end up someplace else.

- I really didn't say everything I said.

*********
PS:
Happy Birthday to my Dad and my Cousin!!

1 comment:

  1. These comments are so Italian...for some reason, Italians love oxymorons and redundancies, lol.

    ReplyDelete