Monday, July 18, 2011

Thirty Days of Me: Day Seventeen

The Thirty Days of Me project is explained here. The challenge for day seventeen: Write about someone you would want to switch lives with for one day, and why.


Interesting question. The funny answer would be Minka Kelly because she dates him. Also, she's obviously beautiful, and who wouldn't want to be that gorgeous for a day?

A more serious answer would be switching places with someone who has my dream career - like The Blogess, for example. I just love her.

If I've learned anything in my thirty-seven years, it's that the greener grass on the other side is almost always astro turf. Everything really does happen for a reason, and we really are right where we're supposed to be. There's a purpose to the place I'm in right now, and switching places with someone else just cheats me (and the world) out of whatever purpose I'm supposed to fulfill.

That's the real, introspective, grownup answer. Which is probably not what you were hoping for. So, here's another.

If I could make this switch with any person, under any terms, for one day - I would go back in time and switch places with my 18-year-old self. Not to give away the future - but to remind her that she's beautiful and smart and has her whole life ahead of her. To remind her to make family and friends and school her priority. To remind her not to let anyone treat her poorly, abuse or take advantage of her.

Who would you switch places with for a day?

No comments:

Post a Comment