Saturday, July 2, 2011

Thirty Days of Me: Day One

The Thirty Days of Me project is explained here. The challenge for day one: A recent picture of you and fifteen interesting facts about yourself.

I don't know about interesting, but here we go....
  • I played the flute from ages 9 - 18. Despite countless hours of musical training, practice and education, I still consider myself to be tone-deaf and the only song I'll sing in public is Happy Birthday - and only with others. 
  • I was a straight A student (with a stray B here and there) whose GPA was brought down only by gym class, and the fact that I passed notes in Science. I rarely brought books home to study and did most of my homework on the school bus.
  • When I was a tween, my entire wardrobe (with the exception of jeans) was pink. Every. Single. Item.
  • I collect Barbies, but am currently looking at selling my collection on eBay. If you're interested, email me.
  • I was born with one leg longer than the other. 
  • I've had arthritis in my knees since I was fifteen.
  • Nuns hate me. I'll elaborate in a future post - but seriously, they hate me.
  • I've never been drunk. I had one full beer in college - and promptly threw it, and my dinner, up in some random guy's bathroom. Let's hear it for higher education!
  • I get text messages with updates from CNN, ESPN and The Weather Channel. I set them up several years ago, and no longer need them, but can't remember any of the passwords to change the settings. 
  • I wrote my first story in pencil when I was eight years old. At thirteen, I won a fiction-writing contest for a story written entirely from a baby's perspective. In college, I won awards and was asked to present academic papers. Then I graduated and needed a job. "Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans."
  • I put up a Christmas tree in every room of my home. Each is decorated to match the room where it sits. 
  • When I was about five, I had a terrible experience in a daycare center. I ate cooked carrots for the first time and got sick. True or not, in my mind the carrots caused the sick, and to this day - I don't eat 'em.
  • I've never been on a legitimate roller coaster, though I am determined to one day work up the nerve.
  • I studied for four years to earn the CPCU designation. In insurance land - that means a lot. It also means I get a little alphabet soup on the end of my name, when I like. 
  • I long ago accepted that I am a flawed person. The thing I like least about myself is my appearance - it's the one button a person can push and really hurt my feelings. Because of that, sharing my photo is not something I do lightly....
February 2011
National Harbor, Maryland

Tell me something interesting about you? 

6 comments:

  1. Pfft...I don't know what the problem is, you're a pretty person. I don't know you personally, but from reading your blogs and comments, I'd say you are a beautiful woman inside and OUTSIDE!!! I love reading about you. I was in bed with The Bf and couldn't sleep so I was reading one of your blogs at 3 a.m. on an iPod Touch to keep the light down. He goes, "What are you doing?" I reply, "I'm reading Sue's blog." Like as if we know each other like that. Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look great!!! More pictures please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, thanks ladies. :)

    There will be more pictures - I promised I'd get through this 30 day challenge, and it asks for them over and over.

    Oh, and Genna - you and I probably have more in common than you realize. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post Sue.
    I too have one leg shorter than the other and, I can help you out with your rollercoaster phobia.
    Genna, you are right, she's beautiful inside, and out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angela - you do wonders for my ego. :) And I may take you up on that roller coaster thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i stumbled upon your blog through happenstance. you are amazing! and ps, i made a veggie person in kindergarten using a carrot as the center and was forced to eat my person. since then i haven't ate a carrot!

    ReplyDelete