Thursday, November 1, 2012

NaBloPoMo - Favorite quote

Anyone who knows me will tell you I love a good quote. I speak in quotes often, and can come up with something that applies to just about any situation.

My inspiration for quotes? Maya Angelou, Marilyn Monroe, Sex and the City, George Carlin, Disney, and movies - to name a few.

I have two favorites (actually, I have more than that, but I'm picking two)...
"There is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ Winnie the Pooh by A.A. Milne
Why is that my favorite? After my divorce, I decided I needed to do take the gagillion framed photos of me and X off the walls. Replacing the pictures was easier than removing the hardware and spackling and painting, so I headed to a booth at a local craft fair, in search of replacement art.

I found this quote on a painted wooden plaque. I hung it in the hall, where I see it every morning when I leave my bedroom.

Most of us don't give ourselves enough credit for being brave, strong, or smart. I was one of those people - and this quote reminds me I deserve more credit.

My other favorite quote?
"Here's all you need to know about men and women: Women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid." ~ When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops by George Carlin
Why is that my favorite? I've been divorced and dating for nearly four years, and I haven't found a more accurate way to describe the relationship between men and women.

Seriously.

1 comment: