Thursday, November 8, 2012

NaBloPoMo - Dream job

My dream job has always been to be a professional writer. I suppose technically, I am, since I make money from some of my writing. But I don't earn a living as a blogger; I barely earn spending money.

I suppose it would be easy enough to turn writing into my career. At this point, I could just tell people that's what I do; eventually, that's how people would see me, and - BAM! I'm a writer.

The trick is to actually earn enough money from writing to pay my bills. A little more difficult.

My bills are big. Writing earnings are not - at least, not at first, and there's no guarantee they ever would be.

So, I suppose in reality, my dream job is one that pays my bills, and fills my closet. Which makes my current job a dream job.

Or a nightmare.

No comments:

Post a Comment