Monday, August 2, 2010

I Love a Good Quote

Some people think that using quotes in writing is a copout; that I should be able to come up with my own words.

I do come up with my own words (you're reading them now). But it's also fun to see how others express themselves. This may shock you, but I don't always have the best answers, and sometimes others have an uncanny way of verbalizing my own thoughts better than I can.

There are a lot of fun places you can find quotes. I have my favorites but usually, I just search for the topic I'm interested in at the moment, and find related quotes.

I also have my favorite people to quote. They just seem to say it right, no matter what it is.

Some of my favorite quotes are:

"I'm selfish, inpatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times, hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst than you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." Marilyn Monroe

"A wise girl kisses, but doesn't love, listens but doesn't believe and leaves before she is left." Marilyn Monroe

"I like my money right where I can see it - hanging in my closet!" SATC

"It's really difficult to walk in a single girl's shoes. That's why you sometimes need really special shoes!" SATC

"There is something you must always remember: You are stronger than you seem, braver than you believe and smarter than you think." Winnie the Pooh

"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you haven't learned anything." Muhammad Ali

"I can be changed by what happens to me, but I refuse to be reduced by it." Dr. Maya Angelou

"You shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you've got to be able to throw something back." Dr. Maya Angelou

"You can tell a lot about a person by the way (s)he handles three things: Rainy days, lost luggage and tangled Christmas tree lights." Dr. Maya Angelou

"My mission in life is not to merely survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, compassion, humor and style." Dr. Maya Angelou

"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street. Fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening." Coco Chanel

"A girl should be two things: Classy and fabulous." Coco Chanel

"Fashion fades; only style remains the same." Coco Chanel

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different." Coco Chanel

"Life is either a daring adventure - or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and to behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable." Helen Keller

"Sometimes and questions are complicated and the answers are simple" Dr. Seuss

"Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you'd left open." John Barrymore


Tell me some of yours.....

No comments:

Post a Comment