Baking Suit has been doing these coffee date posts, which are kinda cool. She got the idea from over here. What a fun little corner!
Today's coffee date post: Tell me your five favorite beauty products. I'm so glad you asked!
I could spend days in Sephora, if I had the time (and the budget). I've tried a lot of different beauty products. My current faves are:
Stila Silk Shimmer Luxe Gloss - Sunlight
- It has a brush applicator and goes on perfectly, and lasts forever. It also has a pleasant scent, which is nice when something is literally right under your nose.
Stila Custom Color Blush - Self-Adjusting Bronze
- You don't need a lot, it lasts all day, and has a little shimmer which I love.
Lancome Hypnose Star Mascara
- The applicator is perfect for small eyes like mine, it doesn't clump, and it really does make my lashes look better.
Too Faced Natural Eye Neutral Eye Shadow Collection
- Comes with the colors to do three looks - day, classic, and fashion. The real clincher? It comes with instructions (including pictures!) to help you apply the look perfectly.
Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer - Sin
- Because what's the point of going to all that trouble on your eye shadow if it's not going to last? This will make sure it does.
Too Faced Better Than False Lashes Nylon Lash Extension System
- This was a treat with a gift card. It really does work, it's just a little time-consuming for most mornings, and it feels funny when it comes off. But while it's on - it's awesome.
Sephora Eye Liner
- You don't need to spend a lot to find a great eye-liner that lasts and applies nicely.
Makeup Forever - Face
- This is the best brand I've found for your face. I'm partial to their HD Perfecting Primer, HD Liquid Foundation, and Duo-Mat Powder Foundation.
By the way....
If you shop Sephora regularly, be sure to sign up for their VIB Rewards Program. It's free to join and you earn points towards free gifts every time you shop. Another tip - shop online when you can. Orders over $50 get free shipping, and they put in all kinds of extra freebies. Plus, if you go through ebates.com, you get 4% cash back on Sephora.com purchases, and ebates will keep track of any coupon codes Sephora has going.
More by the way....
If you like beauty products, I also recommend checking out Birchbox.com. For a nominal fee (I believe it's $10/month) you get a box sent to your doorstep each month, filled with samples of different beauty products. It's how I found Stila in the first place.