Friday, March 15, 2013

Coffee date - time to write

I visited Rags to stitches this morning, and Alissa is talking about finding time in her busy schedule to write and blog.

I give her a lot of credit for doing the vlog (video blog); that idea is very intimidating to me. I think I'll just stick with typing words on the screen you can read. In your head, feel free to imagine me beautiful and very perky.

As for finding time to write....I write whenever I'm inspired. If I get inspired and I can't write, I make a note (usually on my phone, though I've been known to actually put a pen to paper if necessary) of the idea, maybe even write a few lines. When I come back to the post, it usually flows quickly because it's already started.

I also write in my head. In the shower and the car especially, I'm often thinking about topics, and what I might want to say.

As for when I actually form the posts on the site and click "publish" - I do that whenever I have time. On breaks/lunch at my full-time job and in waiting rooms are a favorite. When I don't have enough time there, I try to pick one night a week to work on various writing projects, and give myself a couple hours on the weekend.

I admit, sometimes I'm behind on what I want to do - or I forget completely. I'm working on getting more organized. As I said to a friend the other day: Balance is hard, yo.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
For more Cats who can't wait for St. Patrick's Day - click here.
                         



1 comment:

  1. Vlogging is definitely intimidating. LOL I've done it a couple times in the past but after I do it, I often feel silly.

    I also write when I'm inspired, and sometimes I find that waxes and wanes and I sometimes go days without writing and that totally is okay.

    ReplyDelete