Saturday, July 14, 2012

Thirty Days of Me: Day Thirteen

The challenge for day thirteen.... Your favorite musician and why.

I basically listen to whatever is on the radio. My CD "collection" is a handful of CDs that were in my car when the rest moved in with X, and a few mixed CDs given to me by friends (which are mostly what I listen to when the radio isn't cooperating). I don't have a music player.

But if I look at my collection, I guess I'd have to say my favorite is Bon Jovi. I know, I know, people don't like them that much, and I'm dating myself. Whatever.


I've liked their music for over twenty years a long time. Older songs bring back (mostly) happy memories; newer songs are uplifting and meaningful to me and my life now. Unlike other bands of their time, Bon Jovi has grown (musically, at least). They don't just keep releasing live CDs, or greatest hits - they write new music, and lyrics that matter to an aging generation of fans.

Plus, Jon Bon Jovi has been with the same woman since he was in high school. If that's not worth some loyalty, I don't know what is.


No comments:

Post a Comment