Friday, December 23, 2011

Airing of grievances

I feel like I've been shopping forever. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I didn't stop at Target at least once a day, and according to Foursquare, I've been to a mall at least once a week, every week, for the last month.

I love to shop - but when there's this much of it to do, it can get a little frustrating. Especially since people, in general, get less and less happy, and polite, as crunch time approaches.

Since today is Festivus - a holiday for the rest of us - I thought I'd air some of my shopping grievances.

- When I have a basket, instead of a cart, I need to empty its contents, then place the empty basket in that pile at the beginning of the counter. If you get thisclose to me, you're blocking my way. Why? You can see I have a basket, and you know what happens next. Back off, bub.

* Speaking of backing off...when we approach a door that pulls open, if you get so close to me that you're practically slamming me against the door, I can't open it. Back up. Sheesh.

~  And while we're on that subject - once I've opened the door, don't grab it from me. I'm holding onto it; you're messing with my balance. Why don't you just knock me over while you're at it?

- Hey you, who just left your cart in the middle of the parking lot - the corral is right there. I bet you also complain when your car gets dinged, or there aren't any carts in the store when you need one, huh?

* Stop talking on the phone when you're at the check-out. It's rude to the cashier, the other people in line, and the person on the other end of your call. Talking about the ugly sweater your coworker wore to the office party can totally wait the three minutes it will take to complete this transaction.

Okay....that's all I got. Feel free to add yours below.

Happy Festivus!!

2 comments:

  1. That's rough...I hope the "Feats of Strength" are a little more jolly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guilty of the last one, but usually only when Lisa won't get off the phone.

    ReplyDelete