Monday, January 17, 2011

Irritating

So, I was wearing my favorite sweater the other day. It's a big wool, zip-up sweater that's really more of a jacket. It has daisies all over it - which are actually my least favorite flower, but I picked it because it reminds me of spring. {Tangent - Sorry}

Anyhoo, because of the top I was wearing, the zipper on the sweater was touching my skin - and irrititating the crap out of it. Don't you hate that? Like when a tag is rubbing up against your neck?

So, I stopped my car, in the parking lot, to fix my scarf, figuring that would help. I looked up from adjusting my scarf and sweater, and saw an SUV turning onto the aisle where I was stopped. He was going way too fast for a full parking lot, and he took the turn too short. He nearly hit my stopped car; had I been moving, we would have had a head-on collision with him going about 30 MPH and me about 5.

Life throws obstacles our way all the time. Things that stop us in our tracks, sideline us for a while, maybe keep us from getting what we want altogether. I guess it's important to remember that, no matter how irritating something might be - everything happens for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment